Who picks up doo-doo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Plowzer, May 1, 2003.

1. Plowzer

Plowzer LawnSite Member

I'm seeing this service offered around town. Just curious how they charge. By the pound? I've done some weird jobs but that will not be one of them for me personally. Maybe I can offer 50-50 if my guys will do it. I know the first thing they'll say. "You got to be kidding, right?" How does one motivate someone to do this. I would also think there would be a lot of call backs, "you missed some", type of calls. I think some employees would just quit. Any thoughts from anyone on this service?

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people are full of it. Some people shovel it. I guess you could pick it up then...haha!

I have seen it as a service here as well but not sure how it would be. I think in the right high end area's it would be the ticket, but getting in there and pricing it right make for a whole different ball game.

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

How can we get the low-ballers to pick up this work? They deserve it.
    Crawdad

4. Andrew S

Andrew S LawnSite Member

If it is only one or two my guys will do it as it is obvious that the customer has been considerate.

If it looks like that it has not been done since our last cut we will not touch it

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I think the owners should do, its their animal, part of maintenance responsibility:)

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Not no, but hell no, I just run over it and use there water hose to wash off my tires, it stays in there yard.

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats funny, I forgot to add to my above post, I just recently purchased a enclosed trailer, and was talking to my helper about that, whole new ballpark now:)

It would be bad when the smell of gas and that stuff mixes

8. Ritcheous1

Ritcheous1 LawnSite Member

9. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

New for this yr my service agreement states (Pet owners must keep area to be serviced clean. If we must clean the area you will be charged $10 each time.) So far we havent had anymore problems with doggy dirt.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

There have been several posts about this in the past. Some of the information given is that there are companies that just come and pick up dog waste on a regular basis. The bill is based on the number of dogs and there size. I do not do this nor will I ever.

Gravely_Man