1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who picks up doo-doo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Plowzer, May 1, 2003.

1. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I quess me helping my dad mow the yard when I was 4 means that I have about 26 years experience.
    :D

2. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

how does poop ruin the yard. I always thought it was fert. has anyone asked the dog if he had a lic. to apply it. I guess the animals also apply N in the urea form this is a big nono. They should be considerate and spread it around some in the bare spots. Just mow over the ****. charge them a dollar for every pile you mow over and 1000 bucks for every one you hit with the weedeater.

goodbeus i hope you didnt have your mouth open.

3. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I do as nelbuts has said - mow around the piles when they do not have it cleaned up. It is cleaned when I get back the next week.

4. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

goodbeus i hope you didnt have your mouth open. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not that time, but it has happened before:mad:

5. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I picked up a lawn that was very well kept in the front but the last yard man didn't keep the back well cared for because of all the poop. I decided to tell them that I would remove all the poop piles (Over 100 huge fresh piles) for a $90.00 fee and then weekly after that for $40.00. They paid the $90.00 without any complaints but the next week I went by to cut and there was no poop, no doggie toys, no doggie water bowl and no danged DOGGIE!! They sold the poop factory and said they had had enough. They told me they never wanted the dog anyway but it was left there by their daughter when she went to college. Now they thank me for a wonderfull looking lawn and they have back yard partys monthly. It changed their life.

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

yep you said that already ... started when i was 10 ( with clients). im 27. 27-10=17 (nearly 20) years of running MY OWN business. (Still have some original clients BTW) Can you think of anything more constructive to say or are you just going to repeat yourself? Whats with you guys and making fun of how long someone has been making money?

I guess dog poop is good for the yard? It dont leave dead spots or anything, huh? Amazing. I guess my dog poops round up.