Who raised prices b/c of gas?? Now what??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PTOhioMower, Apr 19, 2005.

1. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

What will you do if your customers complain that you raised the price per cut because of rising fuel costs now that gas prices are falling fast?

Are you gonna lower the price back to what you used to charge or leave it as is?
  2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Prices are falling?????
    Tell me more cuz I haven't seen it yet.
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

They are not falling here. Anyway fuel prices will fluctuate. I wouldnt get excited it they fell 50 cents because the next day they can jump back up 50 cents.
    To me prices are still high until they drop to under $1. 20 or less-- at least for here
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm on the fence about gas price stipulations that I see in here all of the time. I actually left most of my accounts alone as far as price, and the ones I raised I locked them into a 2 yr contract. To me if you tell someone that the only reason you are raising their price is fuel prices, I think they have a right to complain when the cost of fuel drops to a reasonable rate. And they have a valid point! Unless you lower it accordingly. Now we're only talking 2-6 dollard increase for most 2 being residential and 6 being commercial either one will not break their banks.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly why we use a fuel surcharge (as needed) instead of arbitrarily increasing mowing price across the board.
  6. Aussie Topcat

Aussie Topcat LawnSite Member

Over here in Australia, Melbourne we are paying $107.9 cents per litre at the moment and that just fell from $117.9 :realmad:
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, that is more than $4 (US) a gallon for us...in Europe right now it's $6.50 - $7.25 a gallon. OUCH!
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, it has dropped .26 cents a gallon here in not quite 2 weeks.....but I'm sure they'll do their best to get it back up for us all :rolleyes:
  9. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Gee toppy thats still cheap :angry:
    Unleaded here in Sydney 110.9 per litre with 4 cent discount Shell

Diesel 122.9 at the local service station
    The Ampol further on 127.9 cents a litre :realmad: :realmad:
  10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Some prices got raised because of the cost of living, insurance, labor. I put a surcharge in for fuel only. I saw gas for 1.93 here in the part of Columbus where I live. Where are you located in Columbus? I am near the OSU campus.