who really is the best out there?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Jun 28, 2003.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

this might stir some people up and cause arguements, but who really is the best out there at stripping? Speed, designs, and total use of the cutting deck.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

who or what brand?

I'm the best if we're talkin about people, but most any brand machine will do a good job. :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

3. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

As you mentioned with starting arguments it depends on how it is used and who you ask. The deck that reigns supreme in one part of the country may not perform well in another. Every one is going to have different needs as far as what they need a machine to do or not do. The arguments over what brand only shows that people have found what works for them have no intention to change. The idea that one company rules and every one else makes junk is funny because that would mean that 90% of all LCO's are to stupid to realize there equipment is inferior. I think we should be thankfull that we have so many companies making durable high quality equipment to chose from. I have very specific reasons for being loyal to companies I buy from but it doesn't mean I would be forced out of the biz if there equipment wasn't availible. By the way I will give props to Toro till the day I die.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

SCAG!

jun25#17.jpg

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Who is the best.. as in what person? I think?

I consider myself very good at what I do.. but not the very best. I don't have quite enough patience. If my lawns were a lot smoother.. it might be a different story though.

If this is not what you meant.. disregard.

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i mean who as in what person thinks they are the best out there.

7. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Best at what? Overall detail in lawn maintenance or just striping. Anywho, the answer is...........ME!;)

9. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Joshua, Struthers isn't that far from my neck of the woods. Come on out and see my stripes first hand! It will lay all your questions to rest!

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

I nominate obviously Eric Elm, But i think CO2.52nd (odin),P&J Lawncare and GreenQuest Lawn, They seem to have well defined and consistently green and healthy turf:)