1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who really wants to buy some accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

A guy I know that also mows stopped me at a yard I was doing and tells me he thinks he's gonna sell his business since he just had a baby and his wife is the bread winner he has to stay home. He starts telling me about his accounts, mostly $40 & $50 with one $80 and one $120, 24 yards total. Some weekly some bi weekly and a some are on contracts some not. He has some equip, best piece is a gravely 34Z thats one year old (I value his equip at maybe $7,500 MAX). He tells me he thinks he can let it ALL go for $50K.
    He's a nice guy, but after hearing all this I think he's nuts. I always thought you only pay 1 1/2 months worth for an account. Am I wrong? What do accounts usually go for? If he's right my bus should be worth $100K:laugh:

2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

When you "sell" an account, are you just selling a name and address or is there more to it than that?

3. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

What I think is fair: If I was to sell, and if someone came in and bought all my equipment at a fair price, I would throw in the customer list with addresses, phone number, and prices.