Who recommends Echo Trimmers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 21, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I see more guys with Echos I think than anything else. I've got a troy built $125 trimmer that works well enough, but may have a lot more vibration than a more pro unit. I wake up with numb fingers often and sometimes have some aches. The salesman told me that the $200-300 commercial grades have almost no vibration in comparison and are much better for your nerves and less likely to ever cause corpal tunnel or nerve damage. What do u guys think?

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I like mine. I have a troy-bilt that I now use for a back up, it's a vibrating POS.

3. green-pa

Really? So would u say that the echo is much better on the hands?

4. green-pa

ANother thing I heard was that sthil ( or some name like that ) makes the best ( least vibrarations) trimmer for around $275 or something. Does Echo make anything as good as that or at least close?

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used ECHO for 2 years now daily without a problem ...They always start on the first or second pull...Go choice for the money IMHO

6. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Echo all the way...currently have 3 srm-210s and they've never let me down...they are really good on the hands...

until you can afford a good trimmer i suggest getting some anti-shock gloves to wear...they work wonders for me....

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Belive it or not I have a n echo trimmer that's on it's 10th year now........

I have never changed the spark plug and only replaced the air filter once..

I expect it to blow any day now.... but it just keeps on going.....

not too bad on the hands....

8. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I use Echo and recomend it

9. Timberline

Timberline LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have had echo and stihl....the STIHL is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used echo for years and thats all I will use good trimmers and blowers