WHo returns ALL phone calls?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Jpocket, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I used to stay on top of my phone calls like clock work....Now It's like I don't care who calls...It takes me like 2 days to get back to them. Even the good customers. Ppl. calling from adds, if im not interested I just delete the message as I play it.

I guess it's part of my frustration and "burn out". Im just "going through the motions so to speak.

ANybody else feelin like this mid season.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

as soon as i can, you never know when the big score comes along...... if you not interested in the work, then just tell them that....

3. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

I return about 50% of my calls.

Tim

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i return all of my calls from people who left a voice mail memo. i don't return calls to people who don't leave a message.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Only return the ones I'm interested in.
    I don't care that grandma wants a 1/2 dozen geraniums planted for the week end. :laugh:

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say I return about 80% of the calls I get...if it is work or an area I'm not interested in, I try to return the calls, even to just say no, or refer a friend of mine. Can't say I return every call. I guess what Mac said is true, I really don't care if Grandma needs 6 geraniums..:rolleyes:

7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

just impossible i dont have secretary.but just like the above post ,only if it is WORTH it

8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I return all of the calls, or rather my secretary does.
    She works part time, M-F from 1330 to 1730 hrs.
    Completes all of the necessary data entry and input, other clerical duties, and occasionally runs errands for the business.
    Since hiring this woman about three months ago, my business has grown due to the returned calls and increased efficiency.

9. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

mate it doesnt surprise me.:waving: this is something i need to get going next spring

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of bs gets erased such as all the folks with dire emergencies who want better service at deep discounts, in that sense I would say I return about half of them, thereabouts.