1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who sales the most?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JClawncare, Jan 11, 2007.

1. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

Just wondering which brand of mower actually sales the most? Scag, Emark,Husqvarna, Dixie,John Deere, Etc...
  2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be an a$$ And I am far from the best speller/english person. You do mean "Who sells the most?" right?
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told eXmark has 47% of the business.
  4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

sounds about right....47%.....for 2005...........don't know about 2006.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

MTD the largest maker of mowers in the world, you would be surprised what commercial brands they make and they all look the same. Ooops my mistake they are a different color. Besides them Toro, Exmark, and Scag and some others make there own but use some parts made by MTD.
  6. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

In total numbers sold, I think Scag would be close to the top. In total sold per year Exmark would probably be tops for the last few years. I would like to know also. Maybe some one can come up with accurate numbers.
  7. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

47% of what market? not home owner I would hope. I thought the answer to his question would be some walmart brand or troy built, something cheap.
  8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial mower sales. I just assumed this was what he wanted to know.
  9. Mean Green Lawns

Mean Green Lawns Banned

I don't think anyone should be planning on making a purchase based on the effectiveness of marketing from any particular Brand of products in any facet of life as a consumer .
  10. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

MTD owns the Troybuilt name plus many others.