1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who says us southern guys cant stripe too!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 2k1yzfr1, Aug 12, 2005.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a yard we did today. I didnt think I could stripe at all untill after today seeing this done without a striping kit or pro slide. Yea I know it isnt as good as yall northern guys but it made us go :blob3: .

20' 024.jpg

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Been in LA all my life and never seen any stripes. I might fabricate something but I think its just the grass.

3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

what type of grass is that? Looks like St. Augustine. I have laid down stripes myself on st. augustine.

4. 2k1yzfr1

Yea its St Augustine

5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think i ever have stripe on it that well. What hieght are you cutting at?
    Do you also fert that account aswell? I dont see a single weed in that yard.
    That sh!t looks awsome!

6. 2k1yzfr1

All of our St Augustine is cut at 3.5". The reason it stripes so well is the low profile tires on the velkie that causes it to ride a inch or so above the ground. We've been mowing it for the past 2 years, but he just this year switched from the organic fert guy he was using and decided to have a nice weed and grub free yard. The front yard is really thick and good looking the back is just now getting there, after loosing 60% of it last year to grubs. If he would just get out a weed some of his 20,000 sq ft of flower beds it would look a lot better. :p