Who says you can't use a big tow behind aerator on a 5k lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Here is proof and the back is only about 4,200 sq ft

me on tow.jpg
  2. Heck for that matter why not use a WB aerator too.....

He is doing the front, then comes to the back to do the trim work.

He told me that he love his new toy for the next month and a half.

leo with wb.jpg
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Great Uniforms
  4. 1mowlawn

1mowlawn LawnSite Member

LGF, So what did you get for that job? Nice equipment, I will be purchasing a Feldmann 40 inch tow behind this weekend, to be used with my ATV, I have a Gravely ZTR 23HP Kaw but I'm not comfortable using it with the Feldmann plus it doesn't have an attachment for a pin hitch, I guess I cound weld one on if I needed one, I think the 4X4 ATV Honda Rancher will do a better job. I found the Feldmann at a near by dealer for around $475 which I thought was a pretty reasonable price. Whatcha think about the Feldmann brand?? I hope it will withstand commercial type work for years to come, it looks pretty solid.
  5. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Once again you and I have both developed virtually the same way of doing things.:p

I have a Lesco pull behind and a Turfco wb. It's a great combination.

One of the best things about pull behind aerators is that you don't have to absorb the shock loads that you get from a wb. That way you can keep making passes and get the yard really softened up. That's where, I think, most of the FNGs fail. The wb is way strenuous to make multiple passes. One lap around and they quit.
  6. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Here's my setup. Notice the cool Lazer Z shirt that Catalino's wearing while riding my Chariot. Yeah, I'd rather have the Lazer Z, too. (but that's another story)

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

LGF, sure would look better on the back of something red. :p
  8. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Mowerdude,

I hope those bags of fert have never ripped open on you. That sure would suck.
  9. I just post the contract.

I did pick up a used Turfco aerator today for $50. That is $50

We did Aeration, Seed, Starter Fert, Lime, and he got the 6-Step program starting in 2 weeks, but I will just start with application #5. Then all over next season.

10. I have a Feldman also. After 10+ years of service it was time to replace it, but it still works.

feldman back shot.jpg