Who sends out Start of the Season letters?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure many of you send out letters at the beginning of the season to last years customers ... and I would be interested in what you say, or how you worded you letter. Do you "assume" that they are going to be a returning customer, or do you "ask" for the business again, and follow up with a phone call, or ask for some sort of reply from them?

Dave

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Being as I'm pretty much commercial, I make it a point to go talk with the decision maker in person.

I want to be face to face when I hand them the new proposal for this year, so I can get a feel for if everything's okay, or if there's ways to work around things.

I DO have some that the owners are not local, so there I just send a letter stating how we'd like to earn their business again, and if there were any problems to let us know and we'd be more than happy to take care of them this upcoming season.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

This is this years letters

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I send out letters in Feb letting them know of any changes or price increases and what they can expect from my company for the year. I also tell them not to bother calling me UNLESS they need something or want to cancel. That way they do not have to call me to tell me they want me back.

5. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good Advice, I try to do the same when possible.
    As far as residential, my contracts clearly state on them that they renew
    automatically. I do however send a letter out to all residential customers
    to try and solicit extra work, mulch, cleanups etc. And the letter states basically when we start up.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Frue -

Don't take this the wrong way, but you've got ALOT of personal info on that document to be public on the internet.

Might want to do some "XXX-XXX-XXXX" and thank you, xxxxxx xxxxxxx quick before too many people see it...

Although you're probably past your edit time by now....

I'd check with a moderator or two and change that.

7. Frue

thanks for the info I will rework it

8. Frue

this is the one we sent out this year.

Attached Files:

9. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

yes, all customers get spring and fall letters to announce new services, as well as specials like mulch this time of year !

10. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I have been sending out post cards to all my customers. I get them at staples and make them myself. I write a quick blurb that we are putting together our next list and to give us a call if they would like to be on it again. Its working so far.