Who stays on a weekly schedule?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John at JDH Select, May 2, 2004.

1. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

I would say about 50% of my better clients prefer their yard looking imaculate, which makes it necessary to mow on a four day schedule. It is very difficult to keep up the spring schedule and leads to a lot of dead-time, but it keeps my top clients coming back for more.

I'm just curious how many of you allow your schedules this type of adjusment in the spring season?

2. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

I have some who i mow on a 4 day cycle in spring, we just fit them in at end of days , it just means more dollars for me in spring

3. mole

mole LawnSite Member

who can stay on a sched when it rains every day in buffalo ny.

4. Willmow4dough

Willmow4dough LawnSite Member

I have a couple that like the 4 day mow but after most of them see the cost they are set with weekly service.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Every 4 days, that must eat you in gas alone. How much can a lawn grow in 4 days.

In Central Florida, home of the ever beating sun and breaks for daily afternoon showers, I have never even considered twice weekly mowing.

Set the mower high and cut cleanly. Next week will bring 3+ inches to cut off.

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Cut every 7 days

7. johndeeregreen

johndeeregreen LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

I prefer to cut every 7 days, but at this time most of my clients like it every-other-week :(

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We cut every 7 days. There are some that we do bump up to 6 days, but that's it. Never more frequently than that. We have our customers basically set for one certain day given it doesn't rain. So even bumping someone up one day can really wreck havoc with the schedule.

9. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Most of mine are weekly, but there are very few that i do on a 5 day schedule in hte spring. there is one htat does his own fertilizing and i have to cut it 2x per week until the ammonia nitrate leeches into the soil. I cut some on a 5 day schedule in the middle of summer if we're getting alot of rain.

10. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i cut every 6 -7 days , that way noghint gets out of control