1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who takes the spark arrestors off their handhelds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Holland, Feb 16, 2013.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

every 2 stroke piece we have has had the screen removed. We do however put screens back in if we do a job where there is a fire hazard, for liability purposes only. How often are you going to start a fire on a irrigated property. Gummed up screen means restricted exhaust flow. No flow out means no flow in!!!

2. Patrick @ WandoPower

Patrick @ WandoPower LawnSite Member

you guys do know "teeechnically" that's illegal, i believe on the consumer level the fine is something like $2,750 now for individuals and 37500 for businesses. I would think you'd have to really be in the wrong place at the wrong time to be caught/charged with that one though, but it's certainly possible. Something to think about.. but there's not question of the benefits to engine performance!

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Who enforces it? Fish and Game would enforce ATV's do they also enforce off road equipment?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Patrick @ WandoPower

Patrick @ WandoPower LawnSite Member

to be honest I have no idea. But the laws are clearly stated on the EPA website. Maybe the EPA fairy? haha

5. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I like them. That blower at the top of the list is the best handheld blower I have ever used. The most powerful. Better than the dozens of Shindaiwa and Redmax handhelds I have owned. It is very cheap and very light.

On that Lowes list, I don't think those are the high-end made in Japan models... I think those are the cheap Chinese made ones. Except maybe those augers.

I like those purefires though.

6. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I know this is crazy "the high-end made in Japan "
    O well my made in Japan RC Airplane stuff is the best.
    The Warranty 7-year /2-year commercial is good. :drinkup:

7. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I was saying the high-end, top notch grade AMERICAN made AMERICAN company.... But those days are gone. Hardly anything is made here anymore that is worth a crap. At least our lawn mowers are good and are made here. Even our trucks aren't truly American even if they say GM or Ford...

Better Japanese, German, or Swedish made than commy Chinese crap.