Who the hell is Yardmasters?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Feb 22, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I recently put a bid in for a local business, 2+acres and just an overall nice property. The property manager had said that no one really comes close to their bids and so on. So we submited our bid and today I called him back to follow up and he says,bla,bla,bla and sorry but you were 15% higher than Yardmasters. Well I talked to a friend of mine and he said they have to either travel from Pittburgh,PA or Akron,OH to do this lawn.:confused: How in the hell can this company make any money what-so-ever traveling 2+ hours to do a $90.00 lawn? I never heard of them until now.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

damn, you caught me:dancing:

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

More than likely they have several stops along the way too. Does that property manager have more than just that one account? Maybe they do a whole slew of properties for them. I highly doubt they travel 2hrs for one account.

4. nobagger

from Pa

This business has a parent company in our city and they use a local lawn care company. I can honestly say I have never seen a "Yardmaster" truck at any time where I live. (well until this year I guess). Even if they traveled a half hour away I would think they are still loosing money. Oh and one more thing, What a stupid sounding name!:laugh: :laugh:

5. nobagger

from Pa

LB are you a franchise owner of this national chain?

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I wish...but no

7. nobagger

from Pa

I still don't think its worth it for the owner of the property to have a company thats not local servicing their property. Who else has to deal with them. And do they make it a point to bid so low they loose money?

8. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

Hey i travel 45 minutes one way for an account, but than again it also gives 2 guys a full days work in the summer, and 1 guy a full days work in the winter

9. nobagger

from Pa

I could understand that but to do a 2 acre property? Thats just stupid.