Who thinks they will become a millionare?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tinman, Oct 21, 2008.

?

Will you become a millionare?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Honestly who believes they will become a millionaire at some point? Either in this business or another. Money is not my sole motivator, but doing something that few people accomplish does drive me.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I voted yes. I truly think that I will someday make a lot of money like that. I just want to make enough money to be comfortable and then some.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I voted yes as well. I will be there in the next 5 years. maybe 6...

4. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I voted yes. This business is all i do, every day all day. I will never stop growing and learning every day. It might take me a long time but i will be successful.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Its good to see confidence here. I like it!

6. brandtb1

brandtb1 LawnSite Member

I voted yes, but with inflation and costs rising what will a million dollars be worth in 20 years. Hopefully it will be sooner than that, but eventually to be middle class, you will need a net worth of one million. I talked to someone the other day and their parents bought their house for $15,000 way back when. Now you cannot buy a new truck for that little amount. Do you think they would have ever considered paying $250,000 for a house when they bought that first one? I would like to have enough money to live comfortably, so before long, it will take a million dollars.

7. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

I ain't gonna make a million in my first year, but I'll make 100,000/yr and in 10 yrs I'll be there

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Brandtb1 hit the nail on the head. Many of us here will likely be millionaires, but what will that mean in 20 years from now? If the dollar keeps dropping, and inflation keeps climbing, that may not be enough to buy a modest home. If the fed keeps pumping "cheap" money to preserve artificially low interest rates, like they have for the past 7 years, a million may not be enough to buy a nice car.:laugh::laugh:

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Wasn't there a study or something done not too long ago that said that it really takes about $5 million today to be considered a "millionaire" in the older sense of the term? I think I remember seeing something like that. I think I will be a millionaire in the future. I can't say how far ahead, but taking a look at history, a million ten years from now won't be what it is today, just like a million today isn't what it was 40 years ago.

10. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

or like a million today isn't what it was 10 years ago