Who to ask for??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttingEdgeLC, Mar 14, 2004.

1. CuttingEdgeLC

CuttingEdgeLC LawnSite Member

I sent out some letters to some restaurants about there lawn care maintenance. I was wondering when i call them who should i ask for. I am worried about when i call them they will be like how many are you seating tonight. Or should i just take care of them i do on my other commercial accounts.

2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

as far as chain restaurants go, there is usually no one in the store, including the manager, that has any idea who hires the grounds-keeper. it is usually taken care of on the corporate level. they might be able to give you a number where you can start though.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, usually the corporate level. I was contacted by someone in PA to take care of a Burger King here in Michigan. And the bids are involved too.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Your sort of doing it in the wrong order. First, you should make the call, and sfind out who the contact person is that is responsible for these decisions. Then when you send out the letter, you either send it to them, c/o the company name, or send to the comany, Att. this person's name. Otherwise, you have 2 managers, and 2-3 assistant managers all opening mail, and your stuff gets tossed to the side, because NO one has the responsibility of dealing with it.