Who to contact about a commercial account?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dr. Cornwallis, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I live in the Tampa area and there are two Wawa's going up, one less than a mile from my home. Who would be the appropriate people to contact? Should I e mail corporate? I've never done anything like this before so I'm really not sure where to start.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

First I'd start by asking what the hell a "Wawa" is?

3. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

Wawa is kind of like 7-11, or Quck Check or whatever you have in your area.

Convenience store and most now have gas stations.

Corporate is in PA, there are tons of Wawas in NJ and PA. I know for a fact ALL of them in NJ/PA are corporate owned, none are franchised. So you will prob need a corp contact.

Maybe walk into one and ask to speak with a manager?

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i thought it was another slang for walmart. but i googled it really quick and it looks like its a chain of gas stations. :drinkup:

5. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys! I'll walk into one that's already opened and ask the manager.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TheLugNutZ

No problem, good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

In some cases they do not handle there own they have a management company that handles for them that is the way the new speedways are speedway does not handle grounds or maint.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TheLugNutZ

How did this work out for you OP?

Curious because we have a ton of them around ere and wouldn't mind doing them myself, but some are really spread out so it may be difficult...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

I have never been able to figure out the guys that travel all over to do work. True story we used to linestripe two walmart stores here yearly then all of the sudden they found out that corporate has one company that stripes all wallmart stores nationwide. The irony is manager had become friends with me and he told me what they charged it was less for entire store than what we charged for curb and firelane. We were buying paint for 42.00 a bucket so no way they were getting paint much cheaper. One thing for sure there work sucked free handed arrows for example.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TheLugNutZ

Yeah I am just staying in my town so if the bid was for the whole county or something I wouldn't bother...
    Posted via Mobile Device