1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who to Design Flyers? Print? (Kinko's is through the roof)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mdvaden, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually, I"m not after a flyer designer, as much as someone who can take the one I did, and arrange the layout in the right format for a printer.

Someone I can send a Word doc or pdf too, and can re-do the flyer on the right software.

But I'm curious about printers.

I'm looking for 2000 to 5000 color flyers on 8.5 x 11 - single side - for under $450.

Kinko's locally, quoted me a price that is through the roof, for either of 2 options. Even their budget option farmed out is over $1200.

Online, I think the cost will be much less.

Anybody found a reputable service online to order from?

Or a big multi-city company that I can use for just the flyer layout?

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I found that gotprint.net has the most reasonable pricing structure
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Did you try a local smaller printer?

I got 5K full color glossy flyers on medium-heavy stock for about 850 bucks. But this also included some re-design work which I believe costed around 75-100 dollars.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW never seen this Q b4.

most of us do them outselfs, make sure you do a half page flyer, printed on full sheet then cut it in half, you get 2 for 1 this way,

Not sure why you would want to go with color, But to each his own.
    I make mine then take them down to a copy machine.

when I started I ran off like 500, cut them in half had 1000, and to be honest I still have them.

never got around to passing them out,

newspaper ads keep me busy

Good luck
  5. mdvaden

That's actually fairly reasonable.

I'm not sure if this site is talking about gloss, but certainly color print.

One side in color for 5K looks like about $600 dollars.

Just one of a couple I looked at two days ago.

Wonder if running an online quote by a local company would knock a hundred dollar of a local quote.
  6. fiveoboy01

It wouldn't hurt to try. I didn't attempt to negotiate the price with my printer but I guess I might have been able to.

The thing is, there are REAL deep discounts as you go up in numbers. Example of pricing I got for the flyers I was talking about:

2500 - 600 bucks.
    5000 - 850 bucks.

I believe she quoted me 1200 for 10K flyers.

Those numbers aren't exact as my brain is a bit fuzzy, but you get the picture.

You save a lot by getting large numbers.
  7. mdvaden

Since the estimate is free :) I asked the local company doing my business cards for a quote. Both for the color flyers and for converting my flyer on Word to an appropriate file layout. Probably should hear back next Monday.
  8. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

my mother-in-law is in the printing business. I can try and get you a deal. pm if interested.
  9. mdvaden

Okay, heard back from Southern Oregon Printing in Medford, Oregon: the company doing my business cards.

Color flyers on 80# gloss stock...

1000 is $260

2500 is $424

5000 is $665

Reasonable. And no shipping since they are here.
  10. fiveoboy01

Definitely reasonable. I'm amazed at the quantity discount that the printers give. It does make sense though.