Who trully makes a good weedeater today???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MORETORQUE, Jun 17, 2005.

MORETORQUE LawnSite Member

I know this is a tough one, to be replied on by the seasoned vetrans.

I have always used Shindaiwa T 270's or T 350's. I just bought a Kawasaki KBL 34 and I am not impressed with power. Who really trully makes a trimmer that can swing 12"s of line with no fuss. My T 270 do it but ***** a little, I am looking for 20 % more power than a T 270 and I will be in heaven. The kawie is 33cc and less powerful than my 27cc T 270? WHAT GIVES!

I also have a ECHO SMR 260, what a load.
  2. blkberry

blkberry LawnSite Member

Red max 2600 series!!!! Gras kickin machines!

Thanks I want something more powerful than that. They make a 41 CC. Anybody ever use it???
  4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I have a redmax 3000 trimmer and it has about the same power as a shin 270. Might look want into the stihl 250.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I know the Stihl 110's with the 4 mix have a lot of power and torque. We have on eand it has all the power we need cutting heavy grass and brush.
  7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

It can't hold a candle to the old T-270.. I'm investigating the Redmax 3000, and the Tanaka 3400.
  8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree! I love mine!!!
  9. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Wrong you are. I had a T 270 for many years. I just purchased a Stihl FS 110 and the power is vey comparable, probably has more low end torque. You guys and your Stihl bashing are hilarious. This is the first Stihl i have owned, but won't be the last.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

THe Echo 261T will run 12" of line if all you are doing is trimming/edging yards, and it is lighter than the T270. I like the T270 also but it is too heavy for everday use by most workers, and me.