Who uses a blackberry or the new storm?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

my 8703e kept turning off every winter storm we had this season due to moisture inside i guess. It finally now wont turn on the screen, got rained on for a couple minutes :/ Verizon wants to get me a BB storm, but has anyone else used these yet? Im REALLY worried with how many times my BB has dropped, got knocked around, fell out of the holster etc on the jobsite that the FULL touchscreen storm will be dead in a month or two. My other BB lasted over 2 years now.

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

heres what i use for my cell. A HTC PRO window mobile 6.1 pda

[​IMG]

3. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

My verizon boulder is coming in today. It is a mil-spec phone that is dust, shock and waterproof.

Only problem is it is just a flip, not a pda style phone. You may be able to pick up email and stuff on it though.

4. Tjw1104

Tjw1104 LawnSite Member

i use the curve its a solid phone i drop it atleast 5 times on a good day

5. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Get a good case. I got an "Otterbox" for my BB.

6. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I just got the Blackberry Curve a couple weeks ago...F'n love this phone. I was going to get the Storm, but I have some friends who work for verizon and said it still has some bugs that need to be worked out.

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a bb pearl and a otter box, both work great.

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I phone I can take credit cards and everything with it.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, those are cool man! i guess after seeing those i realize im not THAT rough on my phones lol, they do last 2 years without a case even :p And $49.99 plus shipping is steep just for a case for my blackberry. I just replaced the one with a much newer replacement so all is good again. I have two BB 8703s from verizon, 2 LG vx8300s or something that are both 2yrs old+ now and a BB curve for the g/f . The curve i think is just too small, the storm is all screen so i like my 8703s.

10. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine on ebay brand new for about $30. It's worth it...it's very tough, ater resistant...I've dropped it several times and it doesn't even bring the screen out from hibernation.