Who Uses A Kawi Kbr Blower? Mine Shocks Me!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milsaps118, May 8, 2008.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a KBR650 and I swear this thing shocks me. Right at the throttle trigger! I wear gloves all time, the kind that are rubber coated on the palm side and woven on the top, and I can feel my thumb getting zapped every once and a while. It almost feels like static shock but the last couple times it bit me pretty good!

Anyone else have this happen? Whats causing this?
  2. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I have had several kawasaki blowers all the kbr400 and 700 series and never had that happen. I think you have a short in the on off switch in the handle. I would take it back to the dealer and have them fix it or check it out as it should still be under warranty
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

RedMax's used to do this a while back. It was static electricity and they had a ground wire for the tube I think. Check with your dealer.
  4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I had a stihl trimmer do that to me, started using the choke to turn it off. Also had a red max trimmer shock me on the elbow a few times when it touched the top of the spark plug.
  5. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

lol the redmax eb7001 i use shocks my throttle hand when blowing sand, its kinda funny its a pretty good shock to
  6. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

The big stihls have discharge wires in them. My echo 750 gets me on the arm alot.
  7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the world of high performance blowers.

All aircraft have static discharge wicks and all high performance blowers need a way to dissipate static charges.

8. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Great...I bought it at Lesco/JDL and they don't service anymore. I have to bring it to a JD dealer now. I heard that the local JD dealer was sticking all of Lesco's repair work off into the back corner of the shop and getting to it when they felt like it was time to make room.:cry: