Who uses a Velke X2 ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KBW, Apr 19, 2003.

1. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

How well do they fold up and hang when not in use? Are you able to walk w/out them being in the way or are they in your way a little? I would like a riding attachment that can stay on they mower when not being used and be clear of my walking stride. I've decided against the one wheel velke and the Proslide. Does the Velke X2 fold up and hang better than other 2 wheelers like Jungle Wheels etc. ?

Thank you for any advice ......... Kevin

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have two and I love them. Fold up nice and yes they are out of the way. If you want them to hang and be out of the way more just shorten the chain on it and it works fine. I would recommended them to anyone.

3. heybruck34

heybruck34 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an X2 and love it. It took a couple hours to get used to but it's hard to imagine going without.

I never fold mine up. When trailering I just spin the platform 180 degrees back under the arm and leave it at that.

I'm 6-5 so I guess I have long enough arms that I don't have to walk THAT much differently when I'm on a hill or something and can't stand on the velke. It's not a normal stride but then again it's so infrequent that I'm walking that it's a non issue.

Buy one from your dealer with the understanding that if you aren't satisfied you can your money back. Worse case is you lose 10% for the option. I did that with a stick edger and it was well worth the 30 bucks I "lost"

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have both the x2 and one wheel Velke. I prefer the one wheel's manuverability and ride, the two-wheel jars me back and forth too much. I also find the one-wheel easier to step on and off of, and you can walk with it down easier. I found myself stepping on the two-wheel's tire from time to time, probably because I'm so used to the one-wheel. It could have caused a broken ankle, so I'm selling the two wheel. I didn't give it a long term try, so you may like it better. But I'm happy with the old one-wheel.

You CAN walk beside the X2, but you have to stand a little further out to the side. Easier to do if you have a mower that can be steered w/o pistol grips. It folds up and hangs nicely. I also like that if installed right, it won't jacknife and you can back the mower if you step off. Some can back it while standing on it, but that's a bit tedious and you'd need a hydro, of course.

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

im with bruce on this one, ive got both x2 and 1 wheeled velkies. i prefer the one wheeler for maneuverability. i got a x2 with new zero flat tires for sale 100.00 if anyones interested, also a lesco new 2 wheeled castering sulky for sale as well (must be used on hydros)

6. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Thank you for your replies. I'm aprox. 220 lbs. You guys that prefer the single wheel, do you think at my weight the 2 wheel would be the better choice?

KW

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i weigh 210 and have used a one wheel velkie for years, no problem as long as the tire is filled to the max, i always put slime in it as well. for future flats.

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know its not the Velkie but the Toro True trac is awsome, you can back up while still on velkie and it follows the wheels instead.

9. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Imowgrass, thanks for your reply. Have you ever tried a 2 wheeler? If yes, how did they compare? Did the 2 wheeler seem to let the mower pull you better?

Thanks......KW

10. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Imowgrass, excuse me for that last post. I didn't realize until after I sent it that you were the one that has used the 2 wheel velke and said you liked the one wheel better. Check your email...Kevin