Who uses a Wright Sentar Sport?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by customcurbdesigns, Feb 6, 2008.

1. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Anybody? Let me know how you like it.

I am thinking either this in the 34 or a Dixie Chopper 34. Let me know. Thanks

Sean

2. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought a sentar tried a stander this weekend and loved it but hated standing all the time......so i just got a sentar sport 36" and will be getting it thursday!

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lay down. This was originally a bike racing saying but you get the point.

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

If anyone has the 52" Sentar Sport, I'd like to know if they find the 19hp KAW a complete dawg? It seems that an 800lb (dry weight) machine would be noticeably underpowered, given what's expected of it, with so few ponies.

Also, how does the (52") Sentar Sport perform on slopes - up, down and across?

And that saddle, er, seat. . . is it actually comfortable?

5. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Here's the deal. I own a 36" Stander with 71 hours on it. This tank is powered by a 17 kawa. The width of deck is only 36.5"; best on the market. It will get through most 36" gates if the door can open all the way. I do "small" to "mid" size turf areas. It is very easy to step off with one foot and pick up missed debris or trash w/out blade disengagement. Only if your doing "long" or "big" properties would i recommend a sentar, and then it would be a big deck. For as much bending and stooping i do while on my stander, i wouldn't wont a seat in my way. For me the stander is wright best product. Oh, and one other thing, dont get the grass gobbler. Just put the mulch kit on it. I use reg. lift blades and it does a great job at full speed.