1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who uses laptops on site?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by koppandson, Jan 6, 2008.

1. koppandson

koppandson LawnSite Member

do you use a laptop in your truck? if so ... what do you use for a stand? i want to get one of those mounts but dont want to spend $300 for one... what are you guys using? ideas?
  2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I use mine while I'm out and about. I just set it on my center console and move my seat back all the way. It makes a pretty good platform. I don't leave it there though. I make sure it is sitting safe in my briefcase before I move again.
  3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Now that I finaly have drawings of all my customers systems on a flash drive I will be using a laptop. When 1 of my guys gets jammed up on a job I can look up the info and give it to him over the phone.
  4. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I have a laptop in my car also. There are a few new mounts that came out this year to use in your truck. I really can't remember all the names. Ram is one that has been out for a while. There is another one that came out to and it is only 150 bucks for the thing but I have it and it is a little wobble in the truck.

I just use mine to browse the internet while my guys are making me money! :)