who uses Meg-Mo Blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ponyboy, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

Bought a 61 bobcat hydro w/b floating deck cuts great but leaves some clumps. Would the meg-mo blades help? please only answer if you use them, i see theier advertisement. Thanks

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Clumps will only be worse with megmos. Do a search, I posted my results with them many times.

3. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

Just wondering why you say they clump. After my search I noticed that most said that they like them. Just wondering if your grass is wet. I am looking at getting meg-mos but would like to learn more about the problem you are having.
    Thanks

4. naturescape

It's not a problem I'm having, but one I've HAD. They came off after 2 hours. The LONGEST 2 hours of my life! I used them in spring, lawns were not wet, but they were full of internal moisture, as Michigan spring lawns always are. Clumps were the worst I've ever had in my life. This was on a one year old Exmark Turf Tracer with 17 HP. Do more searches, most guys on here seem to NOT like the blades in my estimation. You can always try them, but I think you better be ready to return them.

5. naturescape

6. ponyboy

from ny

thank you this is what i am looking for should i try them or not

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The first couple of lawns I used them on they were great. Then I got to a lawn that had a lot of tall weeds and crabgrass in it. They were awful at that point. The blades were folding back leaving a lot of stringers and the clumping was pretty bad.

8. ponyboy

from ny

do they dull faster than regular blades? and are they a pain to sharpen, how long do they take to change

9. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

if they were better in design than the blades the factory bolts on......don't you think the factory would use them?? or similar?

10. ponyboy

from ny

i hear you but what then the cost of the machine would be outrageous if they used they best ex car radios factory is ok aftermarket is better. but just hearing a few inputs makes me think the old way might be the best way. i do not know any local guys who use them