Who uses MO-DECK ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by excel25, Apr 18, 2003.

1. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what kind of results you got and how long does a can last?
    Thank you
    Dennis

2. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

I applied Mo-Deck faithfully on 2 mower decks every 2-3 days last spring. This product did absolutely nothing. The same amount of build-up as untreated decks. Garbage IMO.

3. ojonesy

ojonesy LawnSite Member

I use it on a mulching mower. It definitely scraps off easier than without it.

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I use it on my mowers and spray the deck everytime i change blades. Havent scraped my decks in over a year. Have very little buildup but when you mow dry grass it knocks what little thats on there off. A can will last me 3 applications per mower.

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a few cans to use last week when things were a bit wet around here. Did not do anything but stink up my garage with the smell of mineral spirits! The decks still packed up and had to be scooped out several times during the day. I say scoop and not scrape, because wet grass just slides off with your hands regardless of any kind of sprays. As far as dry grass goes, you won't get any buildup there if it's dry, so why would you even need any treatment for the deck? Mo-Deck did not work for me, I would guess it probably washed off in the first 3-5 minutes of mowing. :(

6. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

The thing about Mo- Deck is you cant just spray it on and go cut grass immediatly. It has to dry for several hours and you dont get results with the first application. Once you make several applications of it, it produces a buildup on the deck which in turn creates a surface for grass not to stick. I had to apply about 3 or 4 coats on my decks before you see good results.

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

have used it for 2 seasons...its ok...scraping is easier but in spring there is still a buildup in the deck. when this case runs out I wont be buying more

8. jmcooper

jmcooper LawnSite Member

This is my third year using Mo-deck and I'm not having good results with it this year. I've pressure washed my deck, let it dry and then allpy the mo-deck, bad build up, repeated 2 more times and same buildup. I believe I'll find something else once I've used up my last can.

9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree...
    I went throuh a case!
    :angry: