Who uses Quickbooks Payroll

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by milsaps118, Apr 30, 2009.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting ready to set up payroll and plan on using QB payroll service. I can't decide if I want to use the "Online" version or the Enhanced download version. Both allow you to process payroll, E-file file state and federal forms, and pay tax liabilities by E-file.

Anyone use QB to process payroll? What version do you use? Pros and Con's -v- the two.

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm using 2007 pro and started using the down load verson this year. I think it's great. Set up the employee, enter the rate, enter the hours at the end of the week and your done. I don't use the check printing. I write my own checks by hand, and it prints the stub for the employees. 5 mins and I'm done. It isn't cheep but is is cheeper than paying some other company just to do payroll. Besides I like doing this kind of stuff myself. If you don't mind doing it then go for it. If you hate paper work then hire some one.

3. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I'm starting this year too.

4. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you paying less then $200/yr for the down loaded version?

5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

neither im doing it myself its really not that hard

6. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think there was a discount for the first year, for first time users. I don't remember the price. go to their web site and look it up. I think I used my QB program link to get to the site.