Who uses Qxpress

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zimmatic, Jan 28, 2008.

1. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

Would like to know who uses Qxpress and how do you like it? Does it meet all your needs?
    I am looking at renting it for this upcomming year.
    Thanks

2. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

I have leased the software for 2 years now. It is good for scheduling applications, not perfect. Took a bit of time to set up to work properly for me, I know it could be set up better but within the next 2 years I will probably shell out the money and switch to Real Green.

Leasing the software makes a lot of sense, smaller up front cost, and if you do not like it you can get out cheaper. I had tried Gopher before Qxpress and thought it was a joke, it was horrible in it's limitations. I could do more with Quickbooks as a stand alone.

I'll try to answer any specific questions if you have them?

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Warning about gopher....It totally screwed up my quickbooks when i tried to link to it. It created double and triple entries for each customer that took me weeks to straighten out.

Qxpress works perfect with quickbooks.

4. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

Does Realgreen act as a stand alone software? Meaning does it perform everything that quickbooks and Qxpress would do? Have you had any experince in Qxpress and pda's trying to go paperless. Puttinggreens what did you mean by the software is not perfect in scheduling? please elaborate. Did you learn through there online class?

5. I use it everyday and it is great. Dont waste your money on other stuff. I have purchased or used almost every software out there and nothing works like qxpress

you can go paperless with a pda. It does take a little time to set up but if you watch the training movies it makes it faster to set up and it is streamlined with quickbooks

6. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

we use QX. Perfect integration with quickbooks. perhaps if puttingreens posts what he can't do with qx, the other guys who use can help him do it. very hard for me to believe qx couldn't do something in terms of scheduling.

7. SLCINC

SLCINC LawnSite Member

Can you also schedule snow removal and fertilizing schedules with qxpress. How would you do snow removal if you dont know what dates its going to snow. I just bought the software and am trying to set it up.

Also, adding customers along the routes, is it easy with qx?

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Create a new crew called plowing. Set up customers who get plowing in a waiting list. Then, when it snows, transfer to the schedule.

There may be an easier way, but thats how I would do it.

9. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

i wouldn't setup snow that way. waiting list is for one time jobs and landscape projects.

it would be better to setup snow under tools>group charge lists. build a list and whenever it snows, go to schedule>fetch group charge list and the list is dumped on the calendar.

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Told ya there was an easier way.....LOL