Who uses sulkies on WBs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LTDLawnCare, Feb 10, 2007.

1. LTDLawnCare

LTDLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just want to see who was using sulkies on their walk behinds, and what you think about them.
    Thanks

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

They are great when the temps hit 100 plus...overall the mower is much easier to manuever without it though. I keep it with me and use on bigger properties and/or when it gets hellaciaous hot..

3. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i do, i love it, i use jungle jim.
    the only downside is backing up, because i have to lift it off the ground or else it "jack knifes" .. but it is well worth it and saves a ton of energy, plus if the lawn is sparse i mow at a much higher speed.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using 1 wheeled Velkes for 8 years now. Works great. I keep a spare cage bearing for the wheel but it's never been off of the shelf.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

All of our WB's have them. Why walk when you can ride?

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

every hydro should have a velky

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I got a one wheeled Velke on mine. It always gets used unless i'm cutting a really steep hill.

8. TGM

TGM LawnSite Senior Member

mine has one and the company i work for has one (on a great dane). i can back up with the sulky on it. it's really a life saver on the dane as it probably does 6mph (that's a lot of running on the bigger yards that i don't walker). i highly recommend sulkys/velkes

9. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Why would you not use one? they are inexpensive compared to the energy you will save yourself. If money was a problem , I would not buy one at first and make it the first thing I bought a couple weeks into your season.

10. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

Is 200 Pounds Too Much For A 1 Wheeled Sulky? Will It Cause A Lot More Damage Than A 2 Wheeler?;)