Who uses these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Aug 7, 2007.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

While driving to an account yesterday, I saw a trailer full of Neuton mowers. Some of you may be familiar with them, some not. They are basically a cordless electric mower. They use a battery that is good for about 40 mins, then you switch it out with a different battery. The cut is much smaller, about 14'' and they are around 5 hp. Just wondering if any of you guys have seen a trailer with the Neuton mowers, or have used them yourself. Seems like you would have to have a lot of batteries....:laugh:

Heres a picture of what they look like

http://www.drpower.com/CSTM_Neuton_Home.aspx

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Rechargable batteries are cheaper then gas. Pretty good idea if a company does a lot of push mowing.

3. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

I can see it now...Solar powered hybrids...

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I agree. It would be a lot cheaper. The website says it costs about $.10 to charge the batteries. It was a new sight for me, so thats why I thought I would see who else out there is doing this.

5. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

It may be a savings of gas comparing to larger mowers, but not really worth it comparing to my 21's. I can mow 5-7 of my lawns which are around 1/8 acre each on a half gallon of gas. So I am looking at $210 in revenue for $1.50 in gas.

6. IN2MOWN

You only spend $1.50 in gas for mowing almost an acre?

7. coonman

Give or take a little yep. I use the Toro Prolines with the Honda engine. Last Saturday I filled it up, and mowed 6 lawns with it before it ran out. I am just estimating these lawns around 1/8 acre may be a little more on some and less on others.

8. IN2MOWN

Damn. I dont do any pushmowing but if I ever need to Ill get one of those.

9. coonman

It seems to do better on gas than the Prolines that I used to use that had the 2 stroke Suzuki. No matter how you look at it though, gas is not much of a thought when using these. That is why I try to stick to small lawns and use these mowers. I don't have a lot of costs in my operation, but I realize not everyone wants to walk all their lawns. By the way, these Prolines I use are 3 speed walk behinds not push mowers. If you ever need a good 21, you would be happy with this one.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

These Neutons are awesome. They have advanced alot and now have the Forward Integrated Generator, now...also known as the FIG system. They call these units the ....oh,...nevermind....:rolleyes: :laugh: