who uses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

who uses ear protection with fm radios in them. who makes them i'm trying to find a good pair any information would be appericated
    alex
    don't mind the spelling

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Works for me. The sun eats plastic down here like you wouldn't believe. The earphones only last a few years down here before they become brittle and break.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have them. and I listen to them even when I am not working. they are called peltors. you can pick them up at walmart or home depot for around $50. mine have been going for a year and a half now. they have pretty good fm reception, but the AM reception is only average.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. They are called peltors, but its in fine print on the packages now. Its easier to see the words AO safety or something like that. Same thing, its just something that confused me when I was looking for them

5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Peltor work tunes here too. About $50 at northern tool. Heard you can get them at Wally World in the off season cheaper if not sold out.

6. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Yup Peltor Worktunes here too....when nothings good on the radio ill put the mp3 player earbuds in too.

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have 3 sets of AO Safety Work tunes. i got them at walmart paid $49.95 for the first pair then got the other 2 during the winter for $25.00 per pair.
    you can get them at home depot and lowes also they are $49.95 there

8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they really work?

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ipod earbuds under the stihl earprotectors, works great and you select the music.

10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

However, they do manage to keep the noise at an acceptable level, playing music that will not turn up so loud that you cannot hear the equipment, safety 1st.

The down side is that they do NOT! deliver high fidelity sound, they have a foam covering over each speaker, which makes it sound kind of muffled...

The reception is not great. Stations can fade in and out. It's hard to lock onto a signal using the tuning knob, will change frequency if you happen to brush your head against something while working.

Makes the job more enjoyably.