Who wears a Tilley?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I bought one about 4 years ago. The LTM6c. That's the one with the cape to protect your neck. I love this thing and wear it all the time. It's finally falling apart though.

I went to order another one and noticed it had been replaced by the LTM6is. The price is about 20 bucks more than I paid back in 2010, but I think they are worth it. I receive the thing and realize what I have ordered has a "permanent" application of permethrin. Now I can see this being necessary for some, but I still can't bring myself to wear it in the Florida humidity. I mean, you adjust the thing frequently, so your hands are touching it all the time. You have sweat running down your face constantly. And if not that, rain water dripping from it. I just don't like the idea of it. And even though they say it's permanent, it says to wash separately because some will wash out.

Guess I'm just venting. Maybe I'm unnecessarily concerned with it. But I can't figure out why they dropped the LTM6c. Contacting them about it wasn't much help.

2. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear my Tilley hat all the time while I'm working.

3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Keith, now you won't have to worry about those pesky lice anymore! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I have 4 of them and wear one everyday while working.

5. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

I wear one.

6. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

I went with a Sun Day hat. Similar to the Tilley, half the price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Fuzzy1

Fuzzy1 LawnSite Senior Member

Got one .. LOVE IT !!!

8. Poopy Shoe

Poopy Shoe LawnSite Member

I loved mine to death. It finally fell apart. Returned it and got a new one for free. Now I baby it.

I got a cheap copy cat type hat at the thrift store for a buck. I wear it every day.

9. Tilleys are liftetime warrantied as far as I know. Send in the one that was falling apart and they'll send you another.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Oh, it's headed back. I just can't believe they did away with the one with cape...unless you get the one with the insecticide.