Who wears contacts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gobbles2700, May 30, 2008.

1. gobbles2700

gobbles2700 LawnSite Member

Wondering if anyone wears their contacts while cutting? I've always worn glasses for multiple reasons but am thinking about contacts, whats everyone's experiences?

2. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

I wear contacts (gas-permeable) and have worn them for years. I make sure I wear a pair of clear glasses when I mow to keep all the dirt and grass out of my eyes. I havent lost a contact mowing yet in the three years that I have been mowing. I hated glasses and the only time I wear them is around the house. I say go for it and good luck!

3. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

CONTACTS HERE!! they are much cleaner..... than u don't have something over your eyes all the time i wear them about 12+ hrs a day 5:30 - 11

4. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i do wear saftey sunglasses i buy them in bulk cause they fall off all the time for me..... i hit trees aot and they get nocked off.

5. greenscapestx

greenscapestx LawnSite Member

I have Acuvue lenses. Get a snug fitting pair of safety glasses, mine are tinted like sunglasses and I wear them all day. They keep almost all of the dust and debris out. I take my contacts out and clean them every few days instead of once a week like they recommend. No problems so far, unless I forget my safety glasses.

6. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I wore contacts most of the time. Hated sweating in glasses, wipe them off and scratch them:cry: I would rather mess up a cheap pair of safety glasses.
    about 1 1/2 years ago i had laser and highly recommend if you are a candidate can afford it. I wore glasses /contacts for 30 years. I still wake up in the morning sometimes and reach for my glasses even after 18 months without them. But if I had to go back I would go back to contacts.

7. davink

davink LawnSite Member
    from CT

I wear contacts as well, have for years, first off greenscape, bad idea to leave them in over noght and not clean them daily, you are doing damage to your eyes, you just do not know it yet.

I used to wear the ones you need to clean, not I have gone to Focus Daily's this way I can trashe them every day, no cleaning. I do contracting as well, and I could not work with glasses, sweating on them and all. With the contacts, I have never had a problem, the dailys cost a little more, like $300 a year. but this way I have an extra pair or two in the truck, and if I loose one or get something in my eye,I can flush out my eye and change the lense.

8. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

Ya contacts here. I never really had a problem until this year when it's been so dry so there's lots of dust. Plus we'v had a lot of dandelions so the seeds get in my eyes. To solve the problem like the others said just get some good safety glasses and you'll be fine.

9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I wore contacts for 26 years - UNTIL January of this year. $3,400.00 and a lasik surgery later, I am a free man. By far the best money I ever spent, on myself. :usflag:

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I wear contacts, better than glasses for sure. I have 2 really good pairs of safety glasses, a clear pair, and a sunglasses pair. Never go without the safety glasses though, dust can wreak havoc with your contacts. I still want to have Lasik done when I'm old enough.