Who wears ear protection?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Mar 18, 2006.

1. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

Just wondering who all protects there hearing? I started about 5yrs ago using the simple plugs. Does any body use the radio headsets. I'm thinking about getting a radio headset this coming season.:headphones: Does this defeat the purpose? I think it would be nice if you have a big lawn to cut.:canadaflag:

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I started using the Peltors last year,now I can't live without them.

3. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

Allways wear mine

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I learned to use hearing protection when I started working near a diesel chipper all day. those things are LOUD. my hearing isnt great as it is, and I'd like to keep it as good as I can, so I try to wear protective gear whenever I can.

5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Always, and my guys must wear them and safety glasses anytime they are running equipment. If I find them not using them 2 times I let them go. Definitely a required part of the uniform.

6. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

ALWAYS wear mine. I often use my Ipod with them while mowing. This year it will be manditory for the crew as well, either plugs or ear muffs.

7. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

the radio/hearing protectors are great. it does not defeat the purpose, the hearing protectors protect your ears from the really loud noises and certain frequencies that are harmfull to humans. the radio adds a sound that can be set at a level that won't harm your ears, but that is after all of the harmfull sound levels have been filtered out

8. pgoulding

pgoulding LawnSite Member

I always wear shooting muffs and listen to my ipod with the buds under them. I dont really want to be deaf by the time im 20:dizzy: :dizzy:

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I wear full muff ear protection on any piece of machinery. I spent too many years at concerts when I was younger and I'm already partially deaf, I don't want it to get worse.

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I always wear protection!!! I wear ear plugs but I am thinking about getting muffs so I can listen to my MP3 player under them.