Who wears ear protection?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I use these as well.

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I and my employees use hearing protection on everything from a 21" mower and up.
    Any handheld gas equipment, anything with a internal combustion engine and the protection is there.
    Not only is this a required facet of my uniform policy, I will royally ream a new hole for any one not wearing the ear protection and eye protection I provide.
    Additionally, I will not and will never allow non employees near equipment when it is running. Provided a customer wishes to speak with any member of my crews, they are for-warned to keep their distance and attract the attention of whomever it is they wish to speak to.
    And yes, I have chastised customers as well.

3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I use Peltors and I love em!!

4. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I wear both ear plugs and ear covers when mowing.

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Oklahoma, we scalp bermuda grass lawns this time of the year, it is a nasty, dirty job.

Earplugs have two purposes when scalping. Reducing the noise, and keeping your inner ear clean!

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

:rolleyes: :headphones: :clapping:

WHAT!!???

7. xpresskut

xpresskut LawnSite Member

I use the work tunes. I bought a satelite radio and it plays through my work tunes radio. Its small so I just stick it in my pocket and away I go. I listen to unsensored comedy while I work.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use them at the moment but I will be starting to sometime...Just not sure when.

9. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

We use them with any piece of equipment that cranks. If it has a motor, we have ear plugs.

10. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

what did you say? i could'nt hear you.:) a childhood of working in my family's factory, combined with shooting untold thousands of rounds from various guns, with a twist of multiple rock concerts has rendered me hearing-impared. but it's nice when the wife is complaining or the kids are fighting. seriously, by the time i realized what was happening, it was too late. i would recommend protection to anyone in the business. i can now shoot my .45 without plugs and it doesn't hurt which is REALLY wrong.