Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering who wears shorts or pants, I saw a thread on shoes and it seems like everyone wears steel toed boots. For me as soon as it gets warm enough for shorts that is what I wear till it is cold again. I wear hiking shoes, it would look silly with big boots and shorts.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

T-shirts, cargo shorts, and hiking shoes when mowing. When I'm doing tree work or running a chain saw long pants (duck head, dickies, or carhart) and steel toe boots. I aways wear my tinted safety glasses and sunscreen. BTW I'm thinking of going with thin long sleeve fishing shirts for mowing to help with sun damage to my arms.

3. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the time, I wear shorts and wore-out, but oh so comfortable sandals. Every now and then, but not often, I wear steel toe boots and carpenter jeans when I have to weed eat a good bit.

4. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

5. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I usually wear basketball shorts and steal toe boots. I hate wearing regular shoes because you get too much grass in them

6. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

...forgot to mention that I also wear a straw hat.

7. bc3xx0

bc3xx0 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear steal toe boots and shorts. I do wear the dickies brand shorts that are pretty long, so it's not like I'm out there in daisy dukes.

If I have a place that has a lot of heavy trimming like ditches, i'll wear pants.

8. bc3xx0

bc3xx0 LawnSite Senior Member

Straw Hat > Sandles.

9. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Merrell hiking shoes (oh so damn comfy) a plain hanes t-shirt and Under Armour shorts (best athletic shorts IMO, comfortable, light and they wick moisture away nicely).

10. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Fire hose Pants from Duluth Trading they have a life time guaranty and their long sleeve UV long sleeve shirts. The long sleeve shirts are cooler then short cotton shirts.