Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

JTLAWNS LawnSite Member

I typically wear shorts, unless theres a spot i know theres posion ivy. then i'll throw on some jeans. And i love wearing dri fit nike shirts. theyre comfy, but now we have business t shirts so thats what i'll be wearing. and always shoes, unless we weedeat a pond or spot like that.
  2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Good thing you where shoes:confused:..
  3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

When I wear shorts and then use an edger, I get a shoe full of dirt! When I wear shorts and use the trimmer, my legs look like I got the scabies!! Not to mention the occasional poison ivy outbreak.
  4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Exactly, that's why I've opted for cargo pants, even though they are hot as hell in the summer, it's already middle 90's here! argh

JTLAWNS LawnSite Member

I mean i wear shoes instead of boots..
  7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I wear Danner boots (boots must have a tongue that is attached on three sides to keep the grass out) and Carhart B151 pants. I just purchased more pants for only $29 from sierratradingpost.com. The pants are light but durable and give you a professional look. The list price for the pants is about $42 so the Sierra price is a heck of a deal right now that can't be beat.

Off work I wear shorts every day when weather allows but at work shorts just don't make the cut. I have company shirts with front and back screen printing and the green pants complete the look.

With shorts it's really hard to look like a professional. Your socks end up being grass collectors and the string trimmer coats your legs in crap. You shouldn't be spraying the types of non-selective herbicides that are required on a daily basis with shorts either. Trimming prickly shrubs and other things just don't work with shorts.

This is my opinion and everyone has one so don't get offended if your one of the shorts guys that makes me laugh when I see you every now and then. You shorts guys make my day. Please do not wear sandals because your going to make me laugh so hard I may crash my truck.
  8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

For me it's Dickie work pants 85% of the time, but some days it's way too hot to wear pants. So the cargo shorts come out.
  9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Try the Carhart 151's and you'll never buy Dickies again. I have four pairs of Dickies in my closet that I never wear. They constrict my movements too much and the fabric just doesn't breath.
  10. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Dickies double thick/double knee when its cold, when its in-between cold and warm ill wear carhartt, and during the warm months ill wear shorts with boots and end up with a funny looking tan line