Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Carhart also makes some B136 duck cotton pants that have a double layer riveted to the front of the pants. I use them for arborist work because they are impossible to tear or rip. Most of the Carhart stuff you have to order online because you will not find it in any stores.

2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks,I'll be looking in to them.

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

didn't read the posts just saw this thread at the top and figured i'd put in my $.02.

i personally wear pants. all of the time, working or not. i don't own a single pair of shorts.

pants at work to protect my legs when trimming. khaki's i get at kohls. can't remember the brand off the top of my head. they last me a good 2 season's i'd say.

4. mrshanno

mrshanno LawnSite Member

always wear pants while working even in the summer

5. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

Shorts everyday, usually shorter than usual but hey I'm out for having fun. Not looking good! Usually the steel toed boots or tough leather.

6. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Carhart never look into Duluth Traiding Company I have them and they are garentied for life if they get a hole in them send them back and they send you a new pair.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

you should be out to be safe while working......:waving:

8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We take care of very focal, high end commercial properties and we wear Carhartt khaki colored pants, OD green t-shirts and some kind of protective boots. Steel toe isn't mandatory but sturdy leather is. No sandals, flip flops or sneakers.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Shorts? Sneakers? Crocs???? You solo guys are lucky OSHA can't do much about you. Even here in FL my guys wear summer weight BDU pants, black boots, grey t~shirt (long sleeve on whomever is spraying beds that day) and boonie hats. My boot choice has always been Magnum tacticals that breathe and dry out quick. I also bought all the guys. UV blackout safety glasses. My pool tech is the only exception. He wears khakis and non marring boat shoes with a blue polo shirt.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more! I have worked hard, for years, to get where I am now and WE WILL project a professional image when on the job. I seriously doubt the country club properties and the hospital systems we service want to see guys running around in some of the attire that has been mentioned here.