Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Lawn Care Etc.

Lawn Care Etc. LawnSite Member

I felt a little goofy the first day i wore steel toe work boots with shorts, but it's worth it cargo shorts are the only way to go.

2. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

kaki work pants, class 3 reflective shirts with stripping, and steel toe, 8 inch high boots.

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

ALL I wear is some cowboy boots and a cowboy hat......:rolleyes:

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Tan shorts and safety yellow co. shirt or brown or black carhartts. Over 80 degrees=no shirt and shorts, hell sometimes on a 3-4 hour lawn i'll go barefoot too.

5. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

possibly this shirt and then the hoodie for when it gets cold for my crews. Will most likely be switching to Carharrt pants after reading this thread. I also have the guys wearing steal toe or other durable leathered boots and eye and ear protection with company printed caps for skin protection.
    sticklelmuniform.jpg

sticklelmuniform.jpg

6. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

shorts pretty much year round.Yep in ohio too but you will get your days when pants are needed. summer is always shorts and tank tops. One of my things in this business i've always had a issue with is landscapers showing up looking like mechanics when its 90 -100 degrees :hammerhead:out....man that looks real professional.. lol. MY TANK TOPS SAY MY COMPANY NAME AND LOGO (there ya go!!):dancing:

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

you'd probably have an issue with me then because I don't own a single pair of shorts, not even for personal use. it's jeans when not working and when working its cargo pants I get from kohls.

always short sleeve t shirts.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Funny, seems only the lower rung of LCO run around here in shorts and or tank tops. All the large companies wear long sleeves even in summer. The mexicans know better than to expose skin. You can't apply pesticides with exposed skin either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

You can't apply pesticides with exposed skin either.
    (also cant when its 90 -100 degrees in that case):clapping:

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't seem to stop some app guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device