Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

that seems fine to me. To each their own i understand.....that dont fall in that category of the fake looking uniforms these so called big companies try to pull off. For construction i mean are they serious? I been in this too long and not just landscaping, construction in general so thats just my opinion

2. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

I know thats something huh?:hammerhead:....reminds me of that commercial with Blake Griffin, they must be trying to be amazing

3. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear shorts all the time. I used to wear pants. But there to hot and I feel restricted moving and walking in them. When trimming it doesnt bother me at all. I trim grass not rocks.

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

everyone has there own idea about exposing skin to the sun.

I don't own a single long sleeve shirt, not even for winter.

now granted I live in IN not FL but I've vacationed there. actually considering moving there depending how my winter finishes and how this season goes. but I don't plan on wearing long sleeve shirts if I do move there.

jean and t's for personal wear and the cargo pants I wear now and company t's when at work. assuming that's the uniform for the company I would work for.

even when I use to vacation in cancun I never wore long sleeves or sunscreen.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I wear jeans or cargos and a short sleeve all summer... Ive seen guys running around with shorts and I hope they enjoy getting hit and stuck with trimmer shaving's all day long. It kills me. Tried it once and never again

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I don't let the grass get so long as to where it's a big deal, I wear cargo shorts and company dry fit shirts in the summer, If the trimming gets to bad I just put the helper on it, one of the benefits of being the owner.

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I wear cargo shorts when it's warm. Jeans or khakis when its cooler.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

WOW!!! I read a lot of posts on here and I wonder about some people...

I always wear a good leather shoes, Unless its wet then Muck boots, Cargo pants or jeans, a T shirt with my company name and if its cold I also wear a Matching Hoodie.. Only exception is if Im spraying or then I add Spray Chaps , and Muck boots with Nitrile gloves..

9. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Shorts!! As soon as it's warm enough. I hate wearing pants, way too hot!!!! When I weed whip I'll wear shorts, you do it right you don't get that much grass on you anyway, if you do just blow your legs off with the backpack blower.

10. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys that wear shorts have guards on your trimmers? I use to wear shorts when I started out but when I took the guards off the trimmers I had to go back to jeans because of the damage to my legs from weeds etc , I am still in the air on the trimmer thing is it better and faster without the guard ? to me it seems faster with the longer strings without guard on those hill side trimming jobs etc. So I go with jeans , but they do get uncomfratable in summer. Whats your opinion on this?