Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I will always use guards on trimmers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

personally I wear pants all year long but same as you, my guards are ALWAYS on the trimmers. in fact guards and other safety devices are ALWAYS in use for every piece of equipment. yes that includes the discharge chute when no bagger is attached.
  3. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear pants. I also wear long sleeved shirts. I wear a hat with a big brim on it too. I hide from the sun, die in the heat, but avoid skin cancer. It works for me.
  4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I can tell you that when not if but when you or an employee get injured and you don't have all your guards on your equipt your insurance company won't pay the claim. they will investigate and ask said employee are the proper safety guides in place? The employee WILL throw you under the bus. I supply all proper PPE and maintain all equip with proper safety guides.
  5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm one of those guys who would rather be as comfortable as possible and have as much fun in live as possible.

I don't spend time trying to stay 100% healthy. I'd rather die young having fun and doing what I wanna do than spend part of my life trying to dodge every disease out there just to try and live longer.

if I get skin cancer from wearing short sleeve shirts and no hats and die, at least I died cool and comfortable.
  6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I tried that one time and everyone freaked out....... apparently the skinny part goes in the back? Had me confused for sure
  7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

now that right there is funny!

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

yea i get what you are saying my guys tend to take them off they do not like them , cannot get underneath deck steps around gas meters etc , I put them out with guards on them and they disapear so if that happens Im certainly not going to get to cranky about it , its hard to keep good help. It is faster without a guard on open space trimming , but for normal trimming im not shure it makes a difference. Thanks for the advice though , sometimes you always forget to think about that kind of stuff till it kicks you in the but.
  9. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

to the guys that....

1) dont wear long pants
    2)Dont wear good work boots
    3) A tank top?? what is this, Kentucky??? lol

Its sad that some of these people call themselves (professionals).... lol
  10. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

How is wearing shorts not professional? Its not like im wearing jean cutoffs. Lmao. khaki/cargo shorts.
    Posted via Mobile Device