Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. TurfNut

TurfNut LawnSite Member

Usually olive green Dockers cargo pants, light gray polo, and Irish Setter boots when applicating. Will wear shorts when ever get the chance though. On sunny days I will break out my sombrero, a Clint Eastwood knock off.

Ed

2. crslolbkr

crslolbkr LawnSite Member

Pants if you do it all. Shorts if you get to use the mower and blower all day.

3. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Pants, t-shirt, hiking boots

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

:nono:
    I know help is hard to find but, taking safety gaurds off the equip is reason for termination, in my book anyway. Just have to be firm from the beginning about that, safety IS a top priority for me and my guys. That falls right there with drugs and drinking while on the job.:nono:

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

We will be going with dri fit type shirts again this year. Guys liked them better than cotton tees and I liked the appearence. No problem with logos. They do have a higher initial cost but lasted way longer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Cabela's Long sleeve dri-fit fishing shirt with logo embroidered.
    Black or gray C9 polyester/dri-fit golf pants from Target.
    Steel Toe work boots.

The shirts are $39ish
    Pants, $28ish
    Boots $189, and last forever.

I work in 100-109ยบ summer temps, I can assure you, I'm cooler with pants and long sleeve technical fabrics than anyone wearing shorts, and a cotton tee. Plus, I won't lose my toes if I hit them with an edger blade.

I don't understand how someone can work in sandals and shorts. Did anyone ever hear of safety gear? I won't let my guys work in any clothing I feel leaves my company open to an On-the-Job injury.

7. craftsmanracer

craftsmanracer LawnSite Member

shorts, t shirt, and sneakers.

I just gotta deal with the rocks that go past the guard on my trimmer and cut up my legs. I'd rather have cut up legs and ventilation for my package, than be roasting in jeans.

And good luck getting something out of your pockets wearing jeans while sitting down! Biggest reason I hate them.

And as far as me wearing sneakers, I just make sure to be smart about foot placement, I've weedwacked my own foot on accident and it didnt hurt that much lol.

At least not as much as pressure washing 10 toes because it was a good idea to wash your driveway barefoot.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Cargo pockets brother.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

The day that the people who make disparaging remarks about what I wear start paying my bills is the day I start giving a crap about what they have to say about my attire.

I wear pants when appropriate and shorts when I feel like it.
    It's good to be King. :)

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Who are you guys using for pants? I've worn dickies the last ten years but they ain't holding up anymore.

Been looking on am leanord. Looking for khaki and loose fitting
    Not interested in goodwill, bdu, etc
    Posted via Mobile Device