Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

*trucewhiteflag*
    well my guess is you don't mow 4 acre yards on a ztr mower?

if you do your upper legs and lower legs are exposed to direct sunlight for many hrs of the day. :laugh:

I was like you when I was a kid. I would turn brown and never got sunburn. the older I get the easier I burn. I still turn brown but nothing like I did as a youngster. 25 or younger. i'm approaching 40 now. it's a whole new ballgame :laugh:

I also never wore sunglasses as a kid. not until I was about 30 years old. I would go to the beach in florida and not even wear them. guess who's gonna have cataract surgery one day? you guessed it me :laugh:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Wait until the day they breakout this industrial looking vegetable peeler and start removing little spots here and there. Then the smell of your burning hide as they cauterize the open wounds. Then the waiting 3 weeks to find out if you have cancer and how deep it goes. Great things to look forward to.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

wear jeans/cargo pants, steel toed boots, gloves, hat (the more shade provided the better), and a tshirt, I tried using a string trimmer in shorts before,, no thank you...

4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

Company T shirt and cargo pants with composite toe boots from Columbia. Some days I will wear a company hat and others I will wear my panama joe hat, as my mom calls it

5. xandrew245x

xandrew245x LawnSite Member

Company shirt, steel toe boots and pants, tried shorts once, I hated emptying my boots of grass after trimming.

6. Ffrandl

Ffrandl LawnSite Member

It depends on what the job is and how hot it is I will wear shorts alot from july to august but primarily pants the rest of the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually wear steel toe boots and cargo shorts so I have pockets for trimmer line.

8. rkmcniel

rkmcniel LawnSite Member
    Male, from Gardendale AL

I wear shorts when I mow, but then padded velcro shin guards on when I edge and weed eat. They just velcro around my ankles and below knees...then just rip them right off when I'm done. Best of both worlds!

9. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

T-shirt, tennis shoes w/ low cut socks, ear plugs, dark safety glasses, and a straw hat for both mowing and weed eating. This is how I'm most comfortable.
    When weed eating I walk 'clockwise' as much as possible because my trimmer throws to the left and I hold it on my right side.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

No pants or shorts
    Posted via Mobile Device