Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

I come across lots of sand, rocks, sticks, pine cones, etc that if I was in shorts while weed eating with nothing protecting my legs it would be a tough call to want to keep my landscaping job and event want to show myself in public after all the beating my legs would take. My first week on the job I wasn't so sure of long pants in 100 degree weather but now I love the notion.

2. rkmcniel

rkmcniel LawnSite Member
    Male, from Gardendale AL

Try the shin guards. They're a life saver!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JLC Lawn Care

JLC Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wear green (not neon) company shirts, straw hat, ear plugs, steel toe boots, khaki shorts, and a BELT. The number of people out there not wearing a belt with there pants around their knees blows my mind. They just look like total baffoons. If you are going to wear khaki shorts to look professional, having them sagging defeats the purpose. Also who wants to be pulling up their pants all day?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rj landscaping

rj landscaping LawnSite Member

For upscale clients, I sometimes wear Columbia PFGs. They look really nice, are durable, and have vents in the back that allow you to breathe.

Plus, they double for great fishing shirts :)

5. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I wear short sleeve short, shorts in the summer, with either hiking boots or tennis shoes. I have some pants that go on over my shorts for heavy weed eating. Next year il get some shin protectors. Of course winter time I wear pull on boots and blue jeans.

6. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

It gets really hot here in central Texas, but after I wore shorts a couple of times I realize I am more comfortable in jeans, because the weed trimmer throws everything at my legs. I just saw the comment about shin guards. I also wear New Balance shoes because they are comfortable, but I might want to get something that protects my feet better.

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Wear shorts year around. Well if it is really cold and snow, I think about pants but than usually put on shorts. Main reason in the winter working inside most people keep their house way to warm for working in it.

8. rkmcniel

rkmcniel LawnSite Member
    Male, from Gardendale AL

Posted via Mobile Device

9. rkmcniel

rkmcniel LawnSite Member
    Male, from Gardendale AL

Posted via Mobile Device

10. rkmcniel

rkmcniel LawnSite Member
    Male, from Gardendale AL

Vtmmmdzqobb