Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeans,Steel toed boots and company t-shirts all the time. My white legs don't see the sun unless I am near the water.

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess we are the minority. I tried shorts one day my legs itched for 3. Jeans boots and a t shirt everyday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rwar

rwar LawnSite Member

I agree with the boots and jeans and I wear a booney hat to keep the sun off my neck and ears

4. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant roll with the jeans in the summer it is just too dxxxm hot.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Jeans in the spring, fall, and winter..Blue Dickies pants in the real hot weather.

My legs are whiter than Gandhi's conscience. And I'm proud of it.

6. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

jeans year round. I think pants look better, may not be cooler, but I think it looks more professional than shorts. My opinion though, as it was said above, Im probably in the minority

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Since I've had help this last year I was able to go back to wearing shorts in the heat. Otherwise I just stuck to jeans most of the year.

I also wear a straw hat, actually just picked up a new one from Bass Pro the other day. I go with short sleeve and I MUCH prefer the ployester wicking shirts. NOT under armor though. I bought one and compared to my walmart $6 cheapos the UA was a complete joke! Felt like I was wearing a garbage bag!

I've also contemplated going to long sleeve button up shirts, and long pants always. I know it's supposed to be cooler if you are covered up but I've never found that to be true. I'm 32 now though and I've got to start keeping the sun off of my skin more... Sun screen just doesn't work as I can't ever get into a routine of putting it on every day, sometimes 2x a day.

For shoes I've been wearing Vasque hikers. I also have a pair of redwing steel toe boots. I wear a 15 though and the steel toe boots look more like clown shoes and are pretty hard to get around in! Not a big fan but I paid a freaking fortune for them! Next time I'm going with the murells. The Vasque ones just aren't holding up like they should.

8. BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes

BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

if im running the trimmer...I wear lightweight long fishing pants......if I have my helper to run the trimmer....its shorts and crocs for me

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Every time I'm introduced to a male wearing crocs or sandals in public, I make a point to somehow step on their foot.

10. BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes

BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

well the day you wear them all day on a wet day they are alot better than tennis shoes. If you are not walking around and just riding it makes it much nicer to not be stuck in wet shoes all day...