Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Jason,

The Performance Fishing Gear fishing shirts work good. Long sleeve, button up, it breathes and lets the wind through. It looks good and professional too.

2. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

For me its cargo shorts, company t-shirt & company hat. If its a rough weedeating job I have a pair of scrubs I slide on over my shorts til we're finished.

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I wear pants because of the yellow jackets.

4. Gravelyftw

Gravelyftw LawnSite Member

Timberland pro steel toes. And pants. I ALWAYS wear pants. The onlytime i wear shorts at work is If its 100+ outside and im not operating any equipment. And the only time i dont run any euipment is on mulch jobs basically.

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I wear crocs to walk around in. If I am actually working, I am in chemical resistant boots. No point in putting on fancy shoes if I am only going to be taking them off. Those chemical resistant boots are also never worn into the cab of my truck either.

6. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

basketball shorts and sleeveless tees when it's hot which down here is 90% of the season. sweatsuits when it is cold. hiker boots always. no steel toe.

7. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Try that in the south, where everyone around here wears sandals and crocs, and you'll have a crowd of about 100 making it a point that you don't get up off the ground.

Back to the topic on hand, jeans in the winter and fall and shorts in the 100+ days with 80-100% humidity.

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I could outrun them with in my leather boots while they're slipping and falling out their crocs.

9. Gravelyftw

Gravelyftw LawnSite Member

what heterosexual male would wear crocs?

10. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

They make some pretty good boat shoes for cannoning and such, but I wear hiking boots and long, lightweight, pants for mowing/working.