Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Shorts make no sense if you are climbing in a machine to service parts. My legs get hotter when exposed to the sun than when in pants so I only wear pants. I can see the value of sleeveless shirts if it is hot and you are not working in the sun. Since I do not own shorts it is always pants/jeans for me.
  2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I only wear dickies work pants when i work. I find them very comfortable and durable.
  3. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

rocky boots ( i hate steel toes ) no just plain rockies , carhartt kakhi colored jeans and a polo with my logo.
  4. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

It is in our company policy to wear boots. We prefer steel toed boots. Personally, I don't care if someone wears shorts or jeans, but it must be of sturdy material---I don't want an employee whining to go home early because they ripped their pants. I wear jeans year round, don't care how hot it gets-my shins are protected, and dirt goes on the clothes and not my body.
  5. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

i wear tan BDU tactical pants and a long sleeve or short sleeve shirt during most of the summer. long pants dont bother me. I also wear wolverine 8 ins boots
  6. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I know i replyed about the pants. as far as shoes go. I wear Redwing 8 inch non insulated steel toes in the spring and summer. Have to say they are the most comfortable boots ive worn. For the winter i wear 8 inch insulated non steal toes redwings also

KFLAWN LawnSite Member
    from Mi

shorts everyday. sometimes long socks if im going to be weed wackin
  8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

did you say if you were gonna be wackin.lol
  9. Jims Lawncare

Jims Lawncare LawnSite Member

T-shirt, Carpenter shorts and Timberland steel toe boots, but I bring a pair of sweat pants to throw on if I need to weed eat anything.
  10. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

idk how guys can get used to wearing shorts, Well i do have really hairy legs and i dont like getting grass in it lol