Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I wear shorts with hiking boots all summer unless I'm doing tree work or laying pavers, then its Carhartt pants and Georgia logger boots which is what I wear for the other 3 seasons. As for crocs and sandals, I don't think I could take a contractor seriously who showed up to my house wearing crocs or some sort of man-dals. If you're going to the beach or lounging around its one thing, but if you're out to work you need to look prepared to put in a days work.

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Long light weight (cargo) pants, tee shirt or polo, steel toed boots. If it's really hot I may wear shorts on a mulch job, but they match the uniform pants.
    Might do away with the steel toe this year. Needing a new pair so I'll be on the hunt.

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

In my area im known for wearing Cargo Shorts And steel toe Nike shocks in the summer
    Then again got a poison ivy twice last year from doing last minute mulch jobs...

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Shorts as much as possible.

5. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Also i wear a Nice logo'd company shirt EVERYDAY!

6. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I try to ware jeans for the most part, but it gets hard to when it gets 80 and above LOL, but my helpers both almost always are in shorts and have a lot more cuts then me from the trimmers LOL (well they do more of the trimming then I do as well)

7. bmac32

bmac32 LawnSite Member

i wear crocs only when kayaking/cannoning and when power washing

8. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

How does it feel when you hit your foot with the water? Lol not good I know. I wore cross one day last year I was pulling bushes out of the ground and then washing all the dirt out of the roots into the ground. It was too muddy for shoes if boots so I wore crocs and shorts and just sprayed my legs and feet off when I was done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Or you could have just sprayed off your boots and then your legs and feet would be clean and your boots would cleaned off from the mud. Everybody wins.

10. bmac32

bmac32 LawnSite Member

i have good aim:gunsfirin