Who wears shorts or pants

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by 944own, Feb 2, 2011.

1. greenacres2010

greenacres2010 LawnSite Member

can't stand the shorts, rocks beatin the h^ll out of my legs so its pants short sleeve t shirts and gotta have the high top lawn grips. These are the best shoes ever feet never get wet in wet grass they r steel toed only thing is they are a little hot but pros overway the cons and got 2 seasons out of a pair

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Except my pants and boots would've been sopping wet and muddy up to my knees.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

Pants , My legs don't tan

4. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

cut off cargo jeans, tshirt and depending on what I'm doing -either my vibram five fingers or boots.

5. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

cargo shorts and steal toe redwing boots.. this year im going to get the steal toe low oxfords.. the ones i used last were to high and hot.. i keep pants in the truck for heavy trimming around gravel, poision ivy and such

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i always wear carhart lightweight work pants. no shorts for me not even in the summer

7. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

I always wear long pants (cargo type) with steel toed boots. Except in July and August I also wear long sleeve shirts. During the time I wear short sleeves I use sunscreen of some sort.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i wear steel toe boots as well and long sleeves in the fall/ spring but once it starts getting warm i wear a t shirt all summer

9. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i used to wear shorts...my legs would always be brown with dirt from trimming and such lol...now i wear brown pants...they are much lighter and cooler and more comfortable than blue jeans...i always wear a t-shirt...and i wear tennis shoes, big safari looking hat, and sunglass protective glasses..sunscreen on my hands and arms

10. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Can't see wearing shorts, Feel like my boots would fill up with stuff. I 've been wearing out boots each year. Had a nice fitting pair from sears for $89 they were supper light weight felt like a sneaker and had waterproof membrane. But they stopped making them. Haven't found a better or equal replacement yet.