who wears we-chapps?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jan 28, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just curious, i got the catalog and plan on purchasing some in the next week or two. there are so many choices that i'm kind of confused on which pair to get. who wears them and which ones do you wear and why? thanks.
  2. lawnwizards

no one wears them? :confused:
  3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

What are they?
  4. duke & sons

duke & sons LawnSite Member

I wear the leg chapps (from the knees to the feet) in the summer, while wearing shorts. They keep all the grass and debris off your legs. They also take the sting out of a stray rock.

I almost forgot, they help keep poison ivy off your legs if your allergic to it.
  5. lawnwizards

6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I wear them when I will be doing extensive trimming. They work great, just wrap them around and they hold in place with Velcro. You can put them on in about 20-30 seconds, come back off in about 10 seconds. Well worth the money.
  7. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Since buying and installing egit dics on all (14) of my handtrimmers, the crews won't wear the chaps at all.
    I even bought the arm guards when trimming the sharp cacti in my AO and all they complain about is how the guards slip down, slow them up so they still won't wear 'em.
  8. Fahzu

Fahzu LawnSite Member

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I wouldn't be caught wearing those. I wear pants, they seem to work fine. Stray rock? I'd rather endure the sting...cactus or poison ivy might be a different story though.*trucewhiteflag*
  9. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

We keep sevaral pairs of WE-Chaps on the trucks, they work great if your wearing shorts on a hot day, you can put them on in seconds and that them off just as fast, Great Investment and Cheap!!
  10. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

For the $$, I I'd rather invest in a set of EZ-dry fabric cargo pants. I have a pair of Columbia ones, and they're awesome. They breath like you're not wearing anything on your legs, but still offer more protection than bare skin. Same $$ as the chaps, look less dorky. They also wick moisture like a mofo, if you get wet they dry out in minutes, as opposed to heavier fabrics.

But, hey whatever floats your boat.